Pages

Grays 2013

Grays 2013

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Our first real family vacation

Erick was granted a wish by the Make a Wish Foundation and we will be headed to Disney World on Thursday. This is our first real family vacation since Erick has become a Gray. Needless to say the boys are super excited.  This will be Erick's first time on a plane and his first time to Disney. I am excited I get to experience some of his firsts!

It gave all of us something to look forward to after a very long day of testing and doctors appointments yesterday. As I shared in my last post Erick is getting sicker. Which we knew would happen but again it is hard watching him suffer. It is likely that Erick will be put on the transplant list within the next 4-6 months.  I know a lot of you do not understand why he would have to wait so long. The answer to that is not simple but is makes sense when you understand the process. Erick needs to use his lungs as long as he can. A lung transplant is not a cure. It is likely that he will need another lung transplant in his life time.  We are trading one disease process for another so while he is stable we keep him as healthy as possible until absolutely necessary. 

But I rest in the fact that his suffering is temporary. Once he is listed and he gets new lungs we will fight another medical condition but with far less restrictions. It is scary and all the unknowns could really send me into fear induced paralysis. And in that state I would miss out on the blessings of today. Because I know that today is all we are given. We do not know what tomorrow holds. But God does. I know He has walked before me and before Erick and he knows the outcome. I am struggling to let go of things I THINK I can control. 

So I will pack our bags and we will board a plane and all the while I will have to remind myself and Erick that fear is not of God. 

2Timothy 1:7   "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Isaiah 41:10  "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Joshua 1:9 " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Because if I don't we will miss the memories waiting for us.

Click here for more information on the Make a Wish Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment